Skip to main content

And it begins...

It's the wee hours of the morning. PyCon 2005 begins in a mere eight hours. Or maybe seven if you're scary aggressive.

Sprints have been happening the the past few days, apparently. I wanted to arrive soon enough to participate, but the timing just didn't work out for me :-( But the rabble is gathering nonetheless. I'm here with my co-Googlers: Jeremy, Chris, and Will. After arriving tonite, I hooked up with Chris and Will for some cheap, but excellent, mediterranean food. Stupid thing is that Jeremy and Guido called us to meet up about 3 minutes after we left. Grr. Tommorow night!

The sessions are looking excellent. I need to start figuring out my winding path thru them over the next few days. Find the cool. Find the geeky. Figure out how to nap in the afternoon if I'm gonna wake for those dang keynotes! (oh wait, I'm giving one on Friday... d'oh!)

In any case... this is just the beginning. I'm hoping that we can use this space to track all of the great stuff that is going to happen this week. I'm looking forward to it a great deal. I've known some of these folks for nearly ten years. It's never a bad thing to get a chance to see, chat, and hang with them again.


Comments